Today my brain is glitching something fierce. I really hate being hypercritical of others but I really hate bad photographers and photoshop users calling themselves professional photographers. I think what I hate even more is the people who oooh and aaah over these rotten examples of “professional” work.
Now I love photography. I even sell some of my photographs. I photograph events. People ask me to take their pictures and they pay me but I would never call myself a professional photographer.
Here are my major pet peeves with unprofessional “professional” photographers.
- over sharpening images – especially the eyes. COME ON NOW! it looks fake and bad. real bad.
- over saturating the images. ouch my eyes.
- thinking photoshop will save a shitty image.
- over use of filters
- slapping their name on every image
- over washing out an image
- over bluring the sides without precision.
whoo – got it out.
sorry – go about your day now. I’m done.