- I will eat a little less fast food and a little less sugar.
- I will help others a little more this year.
- I will acknowledge others when I notice they are doing a good job.
- I will be kinder to myself and to my daughter.
- I will talk a little less and listen a little more.
- I will smile a little more this year.
- I will be a little better of a person than I was last year.
- I will make time for activities I enjoy and spend a little less time on activities that I do not enjoy
- I will save a little bit out of each paycheck.
- I will move my body a little more.
This year it was hard to pick a resolution. I mean last year I started this blog on New Year’s Day. My resolution for last year was
My goal for this year is to practice a new skill each week. The areas I’m going to focus on are skills to help build my happiness levels and my self-esteem. I’m also going to work on skills to reduce my complaining and lessen my anxiety.
I had planned on following, “Better than Chocolate. 50 proven ways to feel happier” and “Sink Reflections” Did I use these books last year? Yes but I didn’t stick with them as I had originally planned. My OCD threw a monkey wrench in and I was determined not to let my OCD stop me from accomplishing my goal. I practiced new skills, I built my self-esteem and I am much happier. Most days I complain less and I did lessen my anxiety. I still need improvement in all those areas but it was definitely a successful year for me.
As I was searching internet for resolution inspiration I found a great blog post by Curtis Silver titled 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Everyone Else. I especially liked #2 which is Start talking to your kid’s toys like they do. and #1 Remember that every moment is a New Year. You just have to make it happen. I also found that USA.gov has a page for popular New Year’s resolutions. It has 13 popular goals and it links to information to help you reach those goals.
I was starting to feel desperate, like I just needed to say my goal was something, anything. I almost used a New Year’s resolution generator to pick a resolution. But I know what I’d like to accomplish. I want to continue to progress to a happier, healthier me so if I take baby steps I know I will be successful.
I think I will also make an effort to work on Fly Lady’s habit of the month which for January happens to be Shine Your Sink. As I type this though I can see my kitchen sink and counter. They are not shiney – they are yucky. dirty dishes like crazy. it seems like they multipy faster than rabbits. Have you ever wanted to throw away all your dishes but one set per person? You’d have to wash them after each use or else you would have no dishes to eat off of.